Buying a great guitar and that too in $200 dollars is certainly not cakewalk.
Although it is true that the best quality guitars are expensive because they are made by best people from the best material, but don’t lose your heart just yet.
There are some great brands that manage to dish out some absolutely amazing instruments that have enviable sound quality and at a fraction of the price of those expensive guitars.
Here in this article we bring you 5 such electric guitars would easily fit into your pocket. If you are a beginner, this will be a real opportunity for you to know your options and then make a favorable decision.
Do not remain under the assumption that 200 Dollars cannot fetch you much in terms of a great guitar because if that is what you are reeling with, then you don’t know where to shop.
These guitars are made using Quality wood and custom Hardware that will always keep you stage ready. Earfuls of guitars are coming your way. Take a look!
Top 5 Best Electric Guitars Under $200
Editor Ratings : [usr 4.5]
Oscar Schmidt has been making real affordable guitars which boasts of great quality for a long time now. They are an established brand among the electric guitars and have every product match upto their standards.
- The Oscar Schmidt OE20TS is an Electric Guitar with the classic single cut-away style developed for improved playability. The solid body is made from Mahogany which flexible and at the same time really strong.
- The Integrated set Maple neck along with the Mahogany body makes it a highly Durable Instrument. The Rosewood fingerboard with 22 Medium-Jumbo frets. The Fingerboard also showcases a remarkable distinct Trapezoid Inlay that gives the right attitude to the guitar.
- The Electronics of the guitar include two Humbucker pickups at the Bridge and the Neck, the tone from which can be controlled via a 3- way selector switch. Additionally, two volume controls and two tone controls are also provided.
- The hardware features six Chrome Die-cast tuners and a Tune-o-matic bridge with a Stop Tailpeice that relentlessly locks in those strings at your desired settings.
Editor Ratings : [usr 4.3]
The Epiphone Les Paul SPECIAL-II Electric Guitar model has been the number one selling guitar among beginner. Seasones Guitarists will also get the familiar feel and sound of a Les Paul and that too at a really great price.
- The guitar features the classic Les Paul style which is very popular among the existing guitarists for the ease of play that it offers. The body is solid Mahogany with a thin Natural finish.
- The Slim Tapered D-profile Mahogany neck of the 1960s is bolted on to the body of the guitar to provide for that extreme stability.
- The Rosewood Fingerboard has a 12 inch radius and 20 Medium-Jumbo frets covering the 24 and ¾ inches scale length. The fingerboard is inscribed with White Dot Inlay to provide for a quick access to chords.
- The Epiphone Special features a 650R Humbucker system for the neck pickup and a 700T Humbucker pickup for the Bridge.
- The Guitar has one Volume Control and One tone control. The 3-way Epiphone Toggle is highly efficient in selecting the pickup that you want and hence lets you play different genres of rock with ease.
- The Bridge is the standard Tuno-o-matic Stopbar that is very efficient in holding the tuning of the guitar in the times of hard strumming and ensures a rich and balanced sustain.
Editor Ratings : [usr 4.5]
Fender has provided with a highly versatile instrument with the Squier Bullet Stratocaster by giving immense power to the guitarists in the form of control.
That is the reason this guitar is so popular among the beginners and even more so among the experienced guitarists.
- The Fender Squier Bullet has the classic Stratocaster Body which is made from solid Basswood and hold the gorgeous polyurethane gloss finish.
- A Rosewood Fingerboard is sitting atop a C-shaped Maple neck and marked across the length of the neck are the Pearloid White Dot Inlays.
- The Fingerboard features 21 medium-Jumbo sized frets and has radius of 9.5 inches that makes it slim and easy to grip. A standard 1.6 inch Synthetic Bone Nut makes sure that guitar strings are optimally placed which is especially important while plating the lead.
- The Squier Bullet features a HSS Pickup Configuration with a Standard Humbucking pickup system at the Bridge, a standard single-coil Strat pickup in the middle and another Single-coil strat in the Neck.
- The three pickups can be precisely controlled by a 5-way selector pickup switch to set the tone from metal to soft rock with just the right amount of sustain.
- The straight headstock looks amazing with the standard die-cast tuning machines and has a 6-saddle Vintage-style synchronized Tromolo Bridge on the other side of the neck.
Editor Ratings : [usr 4.6]
Imagine getting a mean lean rocking machine just under 200 dollars! Ibanez is providing just that with the GRX20ZBKN with some classy looks and great sound.
- The solid GRX body is made from Basswood and along with a Maple neck it provides for a wide array of adjustments to that will suit both the Novice Guitarists and the pros accordingly.
- The Rosewood Fingerboard provides a fine grip over 22 Medium-Jumbo Frets which are marked with Pearloid Dot Inlay. The standard 1.6 inches plastic nut makes sure that the strings are evenly spaced.
- When it comes to the pickup, Ibanez GRX20ZBKN has two placed at the neck and Bridge and they are the Powersound PSDN high-output Humbucker pickup systems which can be easily controlled to set the perfect tonal response by a 3-way selector switch.
- The hardware of the GRX20ZBKN includes a FAT6 adjustable vibrato Bridge that can effectively clamp down those strings to produce different types of bass effects that are to be set according to the type of music you will be playing.
Editor Ratings : [usr 4.5]
The Epiphone SG Special Electric Guitar has all that you can possibly expect from an Epiphone. With Stellar features, this guitar can be the reason behind rocking that concert or winning over your favorite girl!
- The body features double-cutaway design in a Mahogany Body which gives you a light and comfortable Guitar. The double-cutaway design soon came to be known as the popular SG body Shape.
- The Neck is made from Hard Maple and set in a beautiful slim taper D-profile. The neck joint is the bolt-on type with Tapered Heel and effectively provides the crucial rigidity and stability to the Instrument.
- A Rosewood Fingerboard with a 12 inch radius and White Dot Inlays have a 24 and ¾ inch scale which makes it so easy for your fingers slide real smooth and quick to pull of some epic tones.
- The pickup is 650R Humbucker system on the neck and the bridge pickup is a 700T humbucker. You can get hold of the desired settings pretty quick along with the 3-way position switch for pickup control.
- The guitar features a special Master volume and Master Tone control with Killpot switch. The hardware also showcases a Lock Tone Tone-o-Matic with a Stopbar tailpiece.
As per your budget and need, We have compiled a complete list and now It depends on you what you choose.
All the above listed guitars are perfect pick for you.
Do you best choice and buy that guitar now. 😀