If you think that all good acoustic guitars are either Martins or Fenders, well, think again! There are some good acoustic masterpieces that are hand-crafted with the utmost precision and skill that can give you a great experience, and the best part? They are affordable!
It’s no secret that the high range acoustic guitars makes use of high quality wood in their products, but as playing a great instrument doesn’t automatically turn you into a great guitarist; similarly using better wood doesn’t necessarily result in a better product. It takes much more for achieving that perfection.
So we managed finding best 5 acoustics under $500 dollars that are phenomenal in every sense but will cost you only a fraction of what they are worth.
With original design and sturdy hardware these are really something. Check them out!
Best Acoustic Guitars Under $500
The Alvarez Artist series has truly made its mark in the market across the world. The AF75 is not a full size option and that makes playing it very easy and comfortable across different age groups.
- The folk-sized body uses Rosewood on the back and sides that really brings out the highs and lows.
- It also features an A grade solid Western red Cedar finely grained and strong for producing richer vibrations.
- Hand sanded along with the highly advanced scalloped X bracing that sharpens the tone and makes the music much brighter.
- Ivory ABS Binding and the Premium High-gloss finish accentuates the grains on the Cedar top.
- Solid mahogany neck joined at the body at the 14th fret with the standard and efficient Dovetail joint. Strong and flexible Mahogany which in turn ensures increased stress endurance.
- It also features an Alvarez bi-level rose wood bridge and a Rosewood fingerboard with Paua Abalone and Mother-of-pearl inlays.
- Rose wood headstock geared up with Premium Die-cast Chrome tuners that can set the D’Addario EXP strings at the desired tension in a jiffy. The real bone Nut and Saddle further improve the performance of this guitar.
Yamaha has always been innovative in building their guitars and the LL6M will prove it. With some really advanced technology Yamaha has been improving upon their designs for maximum customer satisfaction.
- The Yahama LL6M features the original Jumbo body style that gives an excellent range on volume and harmonics.
- The back and sides of the body are made from Rosewood and the solid Engelmann Spruce developed from the ARE (Acoustic resonance Enhancement) technology developed by Yamaha that given a broken-in feel by ‘aging’ the molecules in the wood.
- Modified non scalloped bracing that enhances the low-end tones, as with all in the Yamaha L series.
- 5 Ply Rose wood and Mahogany neck to give that additional strength that prevents the neck from warping.
- The 25.5 inch Rosewood fingerboard has been modified for guaranteeing a smoother and more stable playability.
- It comes along with a passive SRT Zero Impact pickup especially designed by Yamaha to replicate the natural sound of the LL6M.
- Includes a hard Shell guitar case.
Now here’s something you can fall in love with at first sight. The utterly gorgeous Strat body shape and neck of the Fender Stratacoustic Plus give you the pleasure of an acoustic sound with the feel of a electric guitar.
- The Fender Stratacoustic features the iconic Statocaster body shape where the back and sides are made from one piece textured fiberglass.
- Laminated Spruce top supported by the Quatersawn X bracing that gives a certain tone sweetness.
- C-shaped vintage-tinted Maple neck designed perfect for the electric players and attached to body with a bolt-on neck joint.
- Rosewood Bridge set in the classic Fender ‘Viking’ style and 21 fret Rose wood fingerboard set for only one purpose- versatility.
- Traditional Stratocaster Headstock fitted with vintage-style chrome tuners and if this was not enough the Inca silver top finish on the body and the exceedingly striking headstock.
- With additional components like a Dual action Truss rod, Checkerboard binding and Bone Nut. The Stratoacoustic Plus – a true Fender!
Editor Ratings: [usr 4.8]
Seagull never disappoints in providing with value for money. The S6 Original – perfect for those amateur players who benefit immensely from the effortless playability and balanced tones of this guitar.
- The Seagull S6 showcases the classic Dreadnought body shape with laminated Wild Canadian Cherry wood used on the back and sides for a detailed tone.
- Pressure tested solid cedar carefully crafted for a superior projection and response.
- The integrated set neck made from Silver leaf Maple offers to provide consistent action without causing Warping.
- Rose wood used for making the bridge and the Fingerboard has a scale length of 25.5 inches and 21 frets.
- The nut and saddle are made from tusq – an artificial material similar to bone but more resilient.
- The thin semi-gloss Custom polished finish sets those vibrations free and in turn gives the sound a richer and lush quality.
- Additional features include a dual-function Truss Rod and compensated Tusq nut and saddle.
This compact but full-scale Classical is one the best handcrafted option that both professionals and novice guitarists look for with a superior resonance and design integrity.
- The La patrie motif’s back are sides are made with three-way laminated mahogany, where a poplar center is present between two layers of mahogany and a Indian Rosewood Fingerboard.
- Solid Cedar Top – pressure tested for extra toughness and accentuated with a layer of genuine Lacquer over straight grains, that allows the wood to breathe and as a result only improves over time.
- Honduras Mahogany neck that is strong and can sustain the stress without warping.
- It also consists of a Double Function truss rod that can easily reduce the profile of the neck for extraordinary comfort.
- The beautiful headstock has Gold Iyra style tuning machines with Pearloid buttons that string up the Nylons for an excellent tune. The Tusq nut and compensated saddle is provided for an improved intonation.
Our Under $500 Conclusion
So, these are best 5 acoustics under 500 dollars. All these are best picks, which you will never regret, once you buy. So, go for it.
Still, If you have any confusion or have any doubt regarding these, then feel free to comment and we will surely solve your dilemma for finding the best acoustic guitar under $500.
Some other quick options:
- ibanez artwood
- taylor big baby
- epiphone texan
- epiphone hummingbird pro
- epiphone texan
- blueridge br-43
- takamine g series acoustics
Stay tuned because in the near future, we will be expanding this out to be the the 10 best acoustic guitars under $500 recommendations.