If you think that all good acoustic guitars are either Martins or Fenders, well, think again! There are some good acoustic masterpieces that are hand-crafted with the utmost precision and skill to give you a great experience, and the best part is you don’t have to empty your pockets in order to get your hands on one of them.
It is no secret that the high range acoustic guitars makes use of high quality wood in their products, but as playing a great instrument doesn’t automatically turn you into a great guitarist; similarly using better wood doesn’t necessarily result in a better product. It takes much more to achieve that perfection.
So we managed to find top 5 acoustics under $500 dollars that are phenomenal in every sense but will cost you only a fraction of what they are worth.
With original design and sturdy hardware these are really something to look out for. Check them out!
Top 5 Acoustics Under $500
The Alvarez Artist series has truly made its mark in the market across the world. The AF75 is not a full size option and that makes playing it very easy and comfortable across different age groups.
- The folk-sized body uses Rosewood on the back and sides that really brings out the highs and lows.
- It also features an A grade solid Western red Cedar top which is finely grained and strong to produce richer vibrations.
- The top of the AF75 is hand sanded along with the highly advanced scalloped X bracing that sharpens the tone and makes the music much brighter.
- The body is held together with the Ivory ABS Binding and the Premium High-gloss finish accentuates the grains on the Cedar top.
- The neck is solid mahogany that is joined to the body at the 14th fret with the standard and efficient Dovetail joint. Mahogany used at neck is strong and flexible which in turn ensures increased stress endurance.
- It also features an Alvarez bi-level rosewood bridge and a Rosewood fingerboard with Paua Abalone and Mother-of-pearl inlays.
- The rosewood headstock is geared up with Premium Die-cast Chrome tuners that can set the D’Addario EXP strings to the desired tension in a jiffy. The real bone Nut and Saddle further improve the performance of this guitar.
2. Yamaha LL6M
Yamaha has always been innovative in building their guitars and the LL6M will prove it to anyone who asks for it. With some really advanced technology Yamaha has been improving upon their designs for maximum customer satisfaction.
- The Yahama LL6M features the original Jumbo body style that gives an excellent range on volume and harmonics.
- The back and sides of the body is made from Rosewood and the solid Engelmann Spruce Top is developed from the ARE (Acoustic resonance Enhancement) technology developed by Yamaha that given a broken-in feel by ‘aging’ the molecules in the wood.
- The top is provided with the modified non scalloped bracing to enhance the low-end tones, as with all in the Yamaha L series.
- The neck is mad of 5 Ply Rosewood and Mahogany to give that additional strength that prevents the neck from warping.
- The 25.5 inch Rosewood fingerboard has been modified to guarantee a smoother and more stable playability.
- It comes along with a passive SRT Zero Impact pickup especially designed by Yamaha to replicate the natural sound of the LL6M. A hard Shell case is also included.
Now here is something you can fall in love with at first sight. The utterly gorgeous Strat body shape and neck of the Fender Stratacoustic Plus give you the pleasure of an acoustic sound with the feel of a electric guitar.
- The Fender Stratacoustic features the iconic Statocaster body shape where the back and sides are made from one piece textured fiberglass.
- The laminated Spruce top is supported by the Quatersawn X bracing that gives a certain sweetness to the sound.
- The C-shaped vintage-tinted Maple neck is designed to be just perfect for the electric players and is attached to body with a bolt-on neck joint.
- The Rosewood Bridge is set in the classic Fender ‘Viking’ style and 21 fret Rosewood fingerboard has is set for only one purpose- versatility.
- The traditional Stratocaster Headstock is fitted with vintage-style chrome tuners and if this was not enough the Inca silver top finish on the body and the headstock is exceedingly striking.
- With additional components like a Dual action Truss rod, Checkerboard binding and Bone Nut. The Stratoacoustic Plus is a true Fender!
Editor Ratings: [usr 4.8]
Seagull never disappoints in providing with value for money. The S6 Original is perfect for those amateur players who benefit immensely from the effortless playability and balanced tones of this guitar.
- The Seagull S6 showcases the classic Dreadnought body shape with laminated Wild Canadian Cherry wood used on the back and sides for a detailed tone.
- The pressure tested solid cedar top is carefully crafted to ensure a superior projection and response.
- The integrated set neck made from Silver leaf Maple offers to provide consistent action without causing Warping.
- Rosewood is used for making the bridge and the Fingerboard which has a scale length of 25.5 inches and 21 frets.
- The nut and saddle are made from tusq which is an artificial material similar to bone but more resilient.
- The thin semi-gloss Custom polished finish sets those vibrations free and in turn gives the sound a richer and lush quality.
- Additional features include a dual-function Truss Rod and compensated Tusq nut and saddle.
This compact but full-scale Classical is one the best handcrafted option that both professionals and novice guitarists look for with a superior resonance and design integrity.
- The La patrie motif’s back are sides are made with three-way laminated mahogany, where a poplar centre is present between two layers of mahogany and a Indian Rosewood Fingerboard.
- The solid Cedar Top is pressure testes for extra toughness and is accentuated with a layer of genuine Lacquer over straight grains, that allows the wood to breathe and as a result only improves over time.
- The neck is carved out of Honduras Mahogany that is strong and can sustain the stress without warping.
- It also consists of a Double Function truss rod that can easily reduce the profile of the neck to realize that extraordinary comfort.
- The beautiful headstock has Gold Iyra style tuning machines with Pearloid buttons that string up the Nylons for an excellent tune. The Tusq nut and compensated saddle is provided for an improved intonation.
Acoustic Guitars – Our Conclusion
So, these are Top 5 acoustics under 500 dollars. All these are top picks, which you will never regret, once you buy. So, go for it.
Still, If you have any confusion or have any doubt regarding these, then feel free to comment and we will surely solve your dilemma for finding the best acoustic guitar under $500.
Some other quick options:
- ibanez artwood
- taylor big baby
- epiphone texan
- epiphone hummingbird pro
- epiphone texan
- blueridge br-43
- takamine g series acoustics
Stay tuned because in the near future, we will be expanding this out to be the the 10 best acoustic guitars under $500 recommendations.